Can’t Decide Which DJ Controller To Buy? Get It All With the Pioneer XDJ-R1
The Pioneer XDJ-R1 is a DJ controller with built-in CDJs, features USB playback, and a midi controller for DJ software plus the XDJ-R1 can be controlled remotely with an Apple IOS device like and iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
It took Pioneer a little while to get into the DJ controller game but now that they’re in, there’s no stopping them from creating the best and most innovative products for new and pro DJ’s alike. The new Pioneer XDJ-R1 is no exception. Now instead of having to decide between a DJ controller or CDJs and a mixer, Pioneer gives it all to you on a silver platter in the form of the new Pioneer XDJ-R1.
The combination of DJ controller, USB and CDJ’s is really great for club DJs, beginner DJs and for mobile DJs… expect to see it at the next party you go to. The versatility is just what many DJ’s have been asking for as most DJs that have been at it awhile have tracks on a mix of media. For me, I have a large collection on CD that I don’t have in my computer and a lot of music on the computer that I have yet to burn to CD. The new Pioneer XDJ-R1 solves that predicament nicely so if I want to play a track from CD, computer or USB it’s ready to go.
The other interesting development is that with the new Remotebox App you can remotely control the XDJ-R1 with an iDevice like an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. You really have to check out the video below to see how it all fits together.
The Pioneer XDJ-R1 is both beautiful and robust with a metal faceplate packed with all the bells, lights, and whistles you’d expect to find in the latest and greatest Pioneer Pro DJ gear.
- Resembles Pioneer Pro CDJs
- Large Touch-Sensitive Jog Wheels
- Four Quantized Beat Effects – Trans, Flanger, Echo, Roll (DJM900 Innovation)
- CD and Vinyl Modes
- Large Display – Track Name, Number, Time Elapsed/Remaining, BPM
- Large Play and Cue Buttons like Pro CDJs
- Notched Pitch Fader
- Three Hot Cues (CDJ2000Nexus Innovation)
- Brand New Sampler
- Auto Loop and Sync Buttons
- Resembles Pioneer Pro DJM Series Mixers
- Source Selectors for Digital CD/USB Deck and Phone/Line Input
- Gain Controls
- Three Band EQ Knobs
- Sound Color FX Knobs
- Buttons for FX – Filter, Crush, Pitch, Noise
- Headphone Cue Buttons and Volume Control Knobs
- Channel 1 and 2 Volume Faders
- XLR and Booth Outputs
- Mic, AUX, Phono and Line In to Add Extra CDJ’s and Turntables To the Mix
- Provides Additional View and Touch Control
- View, Search and Cue Tracks In RecordBox Library
- Manipulate FX – Control Two FX At Once With One Finger
- Scan Through Track by Touch
New Wireless DJ System XDJ-R1 Walkthrough
You’ve really got to check out this video to understand how it all fits together. The XDJ-R1 will work perfectly as a standalone unit for CDs or with USB but the iPad functionality is pretty cool and it is my impression that this is only the beginning of what you will be able to do with an iPad and the XDJ-R1. I especially like the XY Pad control touch FX feature. The addition of an iPad to the mix will also give you the benefits of big screen browsing and fast keyboard search without the glitch affects that occasionally accompany computer mixing.
Who’s it for?
It’s not possible to narrow down the Pioneer XDJ-R1 to one type of DJ. The Pioneer XDJ-R1 is for all DJ’s who use CDs, USB, or DJ software. It’s the perfect home unit for a club DJ to play and prep tracks and playlists with recordbox or CD. It’s also a super portable all-in-one solution for mobile DJ’s. And the XDJ-R1 is also great for beginner DJs that want to move into the club circuit and I can totally see the XDJ-R1 as the preferred choice for smaller clubs and bars where any DJ can play on CD, USB and laptops.
It’s all there. So, really, it’s for everyone. The Pioneer XDJ-R1 is perfect for DJs and clubs looking for the complete package in an all-in-one unit at an affordable price with some cool new features thrown into the mix.
Pioneer DJ System Bag for XDJ-R1 Controller
Incoming search terms:
- xdj r1 o aero
- cant decide which dj mixer to buy
- xdj aero vs xdj r1
- which one should I buy cdj 350 or pioneer xdj r1
- using xdj r1 as cdj
- pioneer USB controller with screen
- pioneer dj controller
- dj controller with usb input
- ddj plus pioneer controller
- xdj r1 vs mc6000 mk2